|View in browser|
🏈 Tom Brady Opens Up About NFL's Youth Movement
1986 Mets Doc Is Worth Watching
1986 Mets Documentary Showcases Historic, Entertaining World Series Champs
Somehow, we're already at the halfway point of September. That means MLB and WNBA playoffs are coming, football season is in full swing and the Champions League is heating up. So while it may be getting darker a bit earlier every night, there's plenty of sports content to sink your teeth into every evening. Today's slate includes the second day of the group stage in the Champions League and the wild-card chase in MLB continues.
Here's what I'm watching today.
30 for 30: "Once Upon a Time in Queens"
No, it's not The Last Dance. But I had a lot of fun watching the first two parts of ESPN's newest documentary on the 1986 Mets. The players interviewed are equal parts compelling and entertaining, and the exploration of a team with a swagger rarely seen in baseball (especially in that era) is well worth watching. The third and fourth parts of the four-part series air tonight, while the first two parts are already available on ESPN+ after their premiere last night.
8 p.m. ET, ESPN, watch on fuboTV
- SI Media Podcast With Jimmy Kimmel (Jimmy Traina)
- Good to the Very Last Out (Ron Fimrite)
- Boston Red Sox at Seattle Mariners | These two teams are fighting for their playoff lives and have split the first two games of this important series in Seattle. A series win would be huge for either club. 4:10 p.m. ET, MLB Network, watch on fuboTV
- New York Liberty at Connecticut Sun | The Liberty have everything to play for in this one, as they sit a game out of eighth place with two games to play. Will the Sun take their foot off the gas after clinching the No. 1 seed in the playoffs? 7 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network, watch on fuboTV
- San Diego Padres at San Francisco Giants | Five straight losses for the Padres have been the latest hurdle in a second half that has seen the team hit roadblock after roadblock. Now a game behind St. Louis for the second wild-card spot, San Diego simply has to find a way to turn things around. 9:45 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Bay Area/Bally Sports San Diego, watch on fuboTV
- PSG at Club Brugge | Lionel Messi looks to make his PSG Champions League debut in Belgium against Club Brugge to begin a campaign that feels like championship or bust for Paris. 3 p.m. ET, Paramount+/Univision, watch on fuboTV
AC Milan at Liverpool
This match kicks off what should be an incredibly entertaining Group B in the Champions League, with Atlético Madrid and Porto rounding out perhaps the deepest group in the field. AC Milan will be without Zlatan Ibrahimović in this one, delaying his return to the Champions League. Still, Milan is off to a strong start in its Serie A campaign with three wins in three matches and should provide a stiff test to Liverpool at Anfield, which is coming off a 3–0 win over Leeds on Sunday.
3 p.m. ET, Paramount+
Think we missed something worth watching? Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what we should be looking out for and why.
Sports Illustrated may receive compensation for some links to products and services in this article.
Regional restrictions may apply.
To schedule a broadcast or print interview, contact SI at email@example.com
225 Liberty Street, 27th Floor, New York, NY 10281
© 2021 ABG-SI LLC. All rights reserved.
New Path for Chiefs' Orlando Brown Jr.
|The Deeply Personal Story Behind Orlando Brown Jr.'s Move to the Left|
|The son of a massive NFL lineman nicknamed Zeus, Junior made his way to a new team and, to honor his father, a new spot on Patrick Mahomes's blind side.|
|Read More »|
|Mailbag: Is Saquon Barkley's Production a Concern?|
|The Giants' running back is a home run threat without consistent yardage totals.|
|Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 2: Running Backs|
|We are here to help if you can't decide on a RB2 or flex play in Week 2 of the 2021 NFL season|
|Best Bets for 2021–22 NBA Season: Bucks Undervalued to Repeat As Champions|
|Week 2 Fantasy Football Rankings & Stat Projections (2021)|
|Waiver Wire Pickups for Week 2|
|Week 2 Touches, Targets, Volume & Regression Index|
|Mailbag: Daniil Medvedev's 'FIFA' Celebration|
|The 49ers Are Already Showing Us the Future With Trey Lance|
|Raiders Prematurely Celebrate Walk-Off TD, Throw INT|